Thursday, June 14, 2007

sisig, i found it


So the following day after I found Tana, I made my way up to Ellen's Pinoy Grille. And yep, they have sisig. I ordered two item combo, but for the life of me can’t remember what the entrees were. I also got some sisig which looked like it was just freshly cooked and the biggest siopao I've seen. I planned to baon it with me on my San Gorgonio hike the following weekend. Total damage was around eight bux.

I thought I knew what sisig tasted like, but it was actually better than what I’d anticipated. Some of the meat was crispy and it was not sour like I thought it would be. I could see how it would go great with some beer as pulutan. It was certainly a lot of food, and I just finished less than half my order.

I left Ellen’s full, happy, and ready for my afternoon nap.

Ellen’s Pinoy Grille
7971 Valley View St.
La Palma, California 90623
Tel No. (714) 522-8866
Fax No. (714) 522-0275

Click here for an OC Weekly article on EPG.

No comments: